Most of us humans are born with a nature that inspires us to be our best and create the world that we desire. It may have been trampled and carelessly discarded by the vagaries of life. But it lives on in the recesses of our consciousness by the trials, circumstances, and lessons of our lives. We may have been programmed to believe that we don’t deserve it, but all of us have the right to be happy and live our best lives. Every living thing struggles to live and find its way forward. What is it about the way our species is wired that makes it so hard to feel that it’s something we’ve earned that should be enjoyed?
There are many who believe as I do that suffering and obstacles are the thread that creates the stories and chapters of our lives. It can be both physically and mentally painful. It can also provide the pivot or catalyst that we need to change. Life is a wonder of messages and lessons and everything we experience creates the story of our life journey. The attitude we take through all of this is how we play the greatest game of all, the game of life. The winners are those that have the courage and heart to believe in themselves. They know that their best life is right in front of them, in the here and now.
SELF AWARENESS AGAIN!
As The Happiness Warrior, I’ve always felt that I’ve been programmed to set things right. It must be in DNA, but when I see someone in trouble or failing I’m there to listen and help. Lifting others up with a kind word or well thought words of advice is an innate gift that we can all develop.
In my mind, I know that I have to do good. There is no alternative, only what I believe is right. We can all be our own happiness warriors when we set our mindset to self-discipline and self-awareness. I refuse to let myself down as I did so many times in the past.
The journey to self-awareness and acceptance can be arduous and we see it so easily in the trials of others. Too often we are trapped in our ego which makes it harder to see this in ourselves. Look around and focus on the behaviors of others. So much needless self-sabotaging of such potentially amazing lives. It’s a tragedy that throughout time we have had so much trouble mastering and understanding our lives. We can take a greater look at our past mistakes and teachings and forgive ourselves and move forward. Each experience and solution is unique in its potential.
Self-belief is the key to gaining self-awareness. It can be a very difficult process but always worth the effort. The world is on fire, and we are still struggling to be honest with ourselves. I see so much potential in others who are locked in a prison of their own making. The fear of being honest with ourselves is so needlessly crippling. I believe that the answers we are searching for come from within. Only when we learn to trust ourselves can we free our spirit and live in our authentic being. We are all our most perfect when we ignore the judgment and fear of others. When we have the ability to live in our truth and trust in our inner voice. We are all better when we reject the egotistical need for validation from others. It’s unfair and inequitable to live in someone else’s shadow. We can live our best lives when we are happy from within:
1. Showing up is something that sounds so easy, but too often we hide behind our screens and keyboards and create illusions. It’s no way to live and no way to learn about ourselves. It’s camouflage that destroys our truth and credibility.
Showing up for our lives in person and speech is a journey that will also lead to more opportunities and choices. It provides confidence and accountability to ourselves and our dreams. It gives us courage that builds with momentum. It’s beautiful and self-affirming. It connects us to and inspires others. It helps us to be seen and heard!
2. Desires will lead to disappointment and suffering. Learn what’s enough and know what is right. A good life always comes when we reject the wants of our ego. There’s an emptiness that we feel when we always need more. Know when enough is enough and explore the present fully. Feel the joy that comes with a serendipitous mindset where each day is a wonder with moments of unexpected happiness and synchronicity.
3. Expectations are always unreal and only create disappointment. They can be crushing and leave us feeling confused and angry. Never expect and never count on anything other than the attitude we select to move forward in life. There’s so much more to life when we focus on where we are now with gratitude and patience. Life is not always going to be fair, and anything can happen. A happy warrior always ready for changes in life mastery that it provides. There’s a vast universe of knowledge that becomes more accessible when we maintain an open mind and live in the present.
4. Solitude is a condition of freedom. I’ve always believed that the best way to know ourselves is to spend time alone in our thoughts free from the influence of others. It’s a way to learn to stand strong and know the joy that comes from rejecting the need for validation. Solitude is when we discover our true selves and learn to trust our inner voice or intuition. It teaches us to be ourselves and truly independent. It’s not always easy and we can feel lonely. But there is no better way to gain personal strength, self-awareness, and clarity. Solitude might feel like a daunting task that will crush us. Taking small steps is best until we feel less dependent and safer in our own minds.
5. Every day counts and matters. How we use our time is how we feel value for our lives. There are times when we need to relax and clear our heads, but there is always something waiting to inspire us. Life is all too short and moves so fast. Happiness is a way to help us better understand it. Each day is a gift to explore and learn from and a chance to be better. Every action can have a purpose and enhance our experience. If we believe we are here for a reason there’s never an excuse to disappoint ourselves and others. Gratitude is both the answer and the solution. Without it we will never be happy or prosper.
6. Seek the truth and broaden perception. The truth is never the same for everyone; only facts are evidence and unshakeable. As much as we wish, we will never know what someone else is going through or thinking. True motivation lies beneath the surface and masks our vulnerability. Be honest and never have to stumble with the truth. It’s our salvation and raises our vibration. A better life can’t be attained without it. Be brave and courageous and the truth will never disappoint us.
7. Maintain a set of unalienable core values and know that they create the path of our life moving forward. Be strong, be true to these beliefs and live authentically. Write them down and say them aloud. This is how we rid ourselves of crippling doubt and self-created negative emotions. As the old saying goes: a problem written down on paper is half-solved.
Happiness and creating a better life are symbiotic. We can’t have one without the other and we can’t feel shame or guilt for our lives. The world might seem like it’s stacked against us, but we all have the power to create our best lives.
There’s no individual definition or script. We are humans and we have choices and deep down we always know what’s true and the best. We can tell ourselves that today is the day of our life when we start believing in ourselves. Each day is another step in making our lives better. Building a better life is always easier when we believe in ourselves and the power of our authentic being. The rules are easy and straightforward when we know our purpose.