As The Happiness Warrior, my primary mission is to bring more happiness into our lives. To experience the joy that comes when we create more empathy and value for ourselves and others. What’s easy for me is sometimes hard for another and all too often I see people with their heads hanging low, their spirits deflated, and increasingly disconnected. We can blame this on a lot of things, but in truth it’s the attitude we take in life and the love we have for ourselves that’s our only real salvation.
We can continue to do unhappy things that make us miserable, or we take a deep look at our lives and find the self-awareness needed to renew our intention and rediscover our purpose. No matter how deeply hidden we all have a light inside that guides our journey. Let it grow and see life with a new perspective.
Instead of being our own worse enemy’s we can become our own best friends. We can learn to live in our authenticity and see ourselves for who we truly are. We can stop hiding from the past and live in the freedom of the present.
We can stop doing unhealthy things when we learn to see ourselves for who we truly are. We can raise our vibration by loving ourselves without apology or need for validation.
WHAT IS AN OPTIMAL LIFE?
I’ve always believed in the power of living an optimized life with all of my powers and abilities working as one. It takes a great deal of conscious effort and self-discipline, but the rewards are lasting and create my purpose. It’s my blueprint for life and one that works for me in both darkest and the brightest hours. It’s a way to hold myself to my word and make sure that I’m accountable. My core values are both a guide and a source of contentment. Life is a journey of endless possibilities and change is a comfort and inspiration.
Not everyone is going to go the lengths that I do, but we can all take a deeper look at our lives and recognize the importance of valuing ourselves, achieving greater happiness, and fulfillment. Why repeat the same thing over and over and never move forward with our lives?
As humans we take on many dimensions, shapes, and sizes, but too often we go on about our days without ever considering how wondrous we are and instead squander our health, give up our dreams and miss so many opportunities. We forget that we have choices that can lead us to a better path, and we try to “stay safe” and remain in our comfort zones. We all have the power to adapt an attitude to change our lives and no one can tell us otherwise.
I believe we deserve so much more and believe that we can all do better and finally start to feel good about the path that our life is taking. There’s so much more to wisdom and gratitude when we can live in a place where we respect ourselves by increasing our inner-happiness and self-esteem. We can stop doing things that make us unhealthy and unhappy when we start believing in our intentions and dreams!
I’ve always been wired to help others when I see them struggling, searching for solutions, and in need of help. It’s easy to walk away and continue with our lives without giving it a thought, but I believe we are happiest when we are serving others with purposeful action.
We can develop core values to help us focus on our mission. We can be warriors of our own making and create the lives we’ve only dreamed about. Sometimes an empathetic smile or greeting is all that’s needed to make a difference. Kindness is found in our actions and deeds. Not in empty promises and soon forgotten words.
So many of us are often too proud to admit, but most of us at one time or another have relied on the kindness and empathy of complete strangers. To help and serve others is a sign of our humanity and strengthens our spirit and resolve. We can all be the change that is so badly needed when we strive for the greater good in our communities. Bold ideas and changes are the product of this mindset, but the most meaningful can be the smallest and provide the most wisdom.
As humans we are unique and yet we have so much in common. Our path through life is solely created by the choices we make and the personal experiences we choose to use our time on.
If we gain value and purpose through our actions, why are so many of us making the same mistakes and letting ourselves down again and again? As The Happiness Warrior I believe that our experiences are lessons to make us wiser. Happiness comes from making choices that come from within, without the influence of others. When we create momentum in our lives when we take ownership of our actions and align with our intention. When we reverse the spiral we raise our vibration and connect with the energy of the universe.
I’ve always been someone who shuts down or disappears when someone starts complaining. It’s a trait that comes naturally and one that I stand by. There’s a difference between asking for help and a solution. When we complain we achieve nothing and expose our fears and weaknesses. Complainers live in a state of low vibration and are constantly finding faults with their lives without allowing themselves to see the solution. Know in your heart that all problems have a solution. What seems insurmountable at first can often provide much needed lessons and new directions. Attitude is always a choice and an inspiration.
Find the happy people who brighten your life and raise your vibration and watch your problems and complaints disappear. The challenge to the game of life is playing the game to win. Obstacles are there to make us learn and improve the way live our lives. Be grateful for their teachings and the value they have in our lives.
STOP BEING THE VICTIM
So often in life we know someone who’s played the role of the victim. They get attention, they seek validation, and they rarely take responsibility for their actions or viewpoints. They are afraid to take action and insist on dragging everyone else in. It’s a cycle that can play forever and leave such a brutal path.
Freedom comes when we learn to see our lives with clarity and own up to mistakes and poor choices. With this mindset we can create the lives that we envision. We can end the scourge of victimhood and become winners in our lives. When we rise we inspire others and help them on their way. We can be the change the world needs in this time of constant upheaval and transformation. We can create a safe path for others!
STOP COMPARING OURSELVES
Instead of comparing ourselves to others let’s instead focus on what we do well and the gifts we have to share with the world. This is the way that we gain more satisfaction and contentment with our lives. This is how we truly get to know ourselves and reveal our authenticity to the world. Only we have the ability to control our thoughts and actions and when we’re living in our truth we are happier and are able to find more gratitude. Why let someone else that we don’t even respect or admire alter our perception of ourselves? True happiness comes from within when we are able to see our lives with clarity and understand the value that comes from our actions. When we set goals for ourselves and employ self-discipline and confidence, positive behaviors will be reinforced. Improve your opinion of yourself and change how you see the world.
START LIVING FOR YOUR OWN GOOD
Life is too short to squander it on empty pleasures and voices of negativity in our heads. So much of our problems are self-created and yet it’s often hard to see. Learn to take a step back and look at every situation with a clear head and quiet heart. Nothing hurts us unless we allow it. Let’s show up for our live in alignment with our intuition and intention. We can start doing healthier things when we can see the truths in hearts and minds:
1. Skip resolutions and rely on your inner voice and the power of intention to move forward and create action. Self-discipline is easy when we start with a small goal.
2. Most of us do some sort of work for a living and many of us are unhappy with our career path and quality of life. Realize that what we choose to do for our vocation matters as well as why we do it. It’s not always easy but work takes up a third or more of our daily life.
3. Take a look at your friends and acquaintances. Do they represent similar views and attitudes about life? It’s important to be able to discern which people in our lives lift us up or bring us down.
4. Learn to practice self-awareness and take responsibility for where you are in your life at this moment. Self-awareness helps us to better understand our role and place in our communities.
5. Our comfort zones are usually the unhealthiest places for us to live. Life grows, choices abound, and opportunities are created when we step out of our safe and mindless existence and push the boundaries of our experiences and feelings. Greater happiness is an inevitable result!
6. Fear is merely a threshold to a new life and new experiences. Realize the potential for danger and act accordingly. Most often our fears never materialize, and the future is never the dark place that we imagine.
7. We can never truly master our lives, but we can always make strides when we face new situations. Obstacles and our personal battles are lessons and stops in the game of life. Nothing comes from being resentful, gratitude is the key to happiness and success.
8. Our lives always benefit when we listen to our inner voice or intuition. Make a promise to start trusting yourself and live by your intention. We must stop judging ourselves from the projections of others and live in a free zone with a mindset for authenticity and self-direction.
9. Learning to leave our comfort zone is often the most powerful step we can make towards promoting a healthier physical and mental state.
10. Live life in the present without fear of the future. What we think might happen is never the reality. Develop a serendipitous mindset and realize that life can delight and surprise you.
11. The happiest people know that their happiest moments don’t always come from their actions but by the appreciating the people and happenings around them.
When we learn to see our lives with clarity, we can shift our habits and self-inflicted harms and become the true versions of ourselves. Start saying no to the things that we know will hurt us and start saying yes to the endless possibilities in our lives. Survival is one thing, but life is amazing when we make it a magical journey.