Small group adventure specialist Grand American Adventures offers a comprehensive range of thrilling tours across the Americas, but what really sets their tours apart is the unique accommodation included. Carefully selected overnight locations take visitors under the stars and away from it all, for a fully immersive and authentic experience.
Here is a selection of Grand American Adventures' unique overnight stops:
Glamping beside Yellowstone National Park
Yellowstone and Teton In-Depth is a six-day tour which includes two nights luxury glamping just 10 minutes from Yellowstone National Park. Visitors can enjoy one of the USA's oldest and grandest national parks from the comfort of one of the stunning safari tents or tipis, and can wake up to the sights, sounds and smells of Montana. Being located so close to the park ensures guests get maximum time for exploring this incredible park. The premium tent accommodation offers high-end bathrooms, and gourmet meals are available in the onsite restaurant.
Four departures in 2018 from June through September, from AU$4,959 / NZ$5,209 per person (exc flights). Five dinners and two breakfasts are included.
Yurts with Private Beaches on Vancouver Island
The award-winning WYA Point Resort is located on pristine, private beaches, surrounded by 600 acres of First Nation's old-growth forest, and offers a unique platform yurt experience on Vancouver Island's wild west coast. Set just steps from the ocean, adventurers on Olympic and Vancouver Island In-Depth will enjoy stunning daytime vistas and be lulled to sleep at night by the waves of the Pacific.
Four departures from June to September 2018. From AU$4,639 / NZ$4,879 per person (exc flights). Six breakfasts, one lunch and two dinners included.
Authentic Huts on the Appalachian Trail
For over 125 years, hikers have enjoyed hiking the Appalachian Trail, walking from one spectacular location the next and staying in authentic huts en route. The highest and most visited hut, Lakes of the Cloud Hut, is considered an essential bucket list stop on the backcountry walking trail, and is one of the many spectacular stops on Grand American Adventures' eight-day
Three departures from July – September 2018, from AU$2,889 / NZ$3,039 per person (exc flights). Six breakfasts, six lunches and six dinners included.
- Maximum group sizes of 13
- Hotel accommodation, private ground transportation and services of an experienced tour leader all included.
- No single supplement fees, solo sleeper available at an extra cost.
About Grand American Adventures:
- A small group tour operator offering in-depth experiences within many of North, South and Central America's most spectacular wilderness areas, National Parks and exciting cities
- Aimed at individuals, couples, friends, family and multigenerational travellers
- Tours are separated by destination, family travel or mini-adventures (city break add-on 3 to 4 day experiences)
- Tours may also be tailor made for small groups wishing to travel together and requiring specific experiences
- Sister company to TrekAmerica with over 40 years of specialist group travel experience
- Grand American Adventures is fully ABTA and ATOL bonded with nearly 60 different tour choices ranging from 3 to 23 days
- All tours are led by specialist guides and in custom-designed Grand American Adventures luxury touring vans