It’s served you well and you have made many incredible memories in your beautiful caravan, but now it’s time for you to upgrade and you don’t know where to start when it comes to caravan sales.
Following are the top 7 tips for selling your used caravan; don’t worry, it isn’t as difficult as it may seem:
1. Looking good. First thing first, you will want to make sure that it looks good. If you have taken care of it, it shouldn’t need that much work, but it’s important to fix-up details. For example, say that you have scratched cupboards in your caravan, with a little varnish or paint, you can have it looking as good as new.
2. How does she run? If your caravan has made many trips or has had a couple of engine problems recently, you may want to invest in fixing them; at least, the important issues. It will be highly difficult to sell a caravan that doesn’t want to run-there may not be such a broad market.
3. Keep it clean. While you may be lucky and don’t have any issues with your used caravan, you may be shooting yourself in the foot if you try to sell it “as is.” What this means is that you will want to make sure to get it as clean as possible before putting it out there for buyers to check out. While some people may be able to look past a dirty caravan, most will be more tempted to buy a used caravan that is both clean and without any problems.
4. How are your papers? It may be a challenge to sell your campervan if you don’t have the title. While there may be some buyer out there who is willing to take the risk, it’s a risk that you shouldn’t take, so make sure that you have your vehicle paperwork in order before setting out to sell your used caravan.
5. When the price is right… Make sure that your asking price isn’t higher than it should be. It will be very difficult to sell a used camper that is overpriced. Most people who are shopping for a new caravan know what it is worth.
6. Don’t go low, low, low. On the flip side, a caravan that is priced too low will make you lose money and also make people think that something is wrong with it. The best way to make sure that you are asking for the right price is to get an appraisal.
7. How to get people interested. You may know some people interested in buying your caravan, but most likely you are looking for a little bit of help to advertise your camper. You can try different things, such as posting on a website directed at caravan sales or you can ask a company who is dedicated to selling campers to sell it for you.